“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” — Buddha
Forgiveness is the key that opens the door to inner peace and the ability to fully connect with the love that we are.
Without forgiveness, inner peace remains a lofty, distant ideal.
Is there someone you need to forgive? A relative… an old friend… possibly even yourself?
When we say forgiveness, we mean real forgiveness. We’re not talking about lip service as the ego mind sits in judgement and promises forgiveness that never really comes.
Real forgiveness happens when we trust the True Self to make the decisions that uplift, empower and enlighten our lives.
And real forgiveness is critically important to the quality of our life, health and happiness.
“Holding a grudge can kill you,” says Jay D. Roberts, MD, citing a Harvard Medical study which discovered that unforgiveness can cause many symptoms and diseases, including:
- Increased cortisol
- Auto-immune problems
- Heart disease and cancer
- Severe headaches
- Stomach and abdominal problems
- Increased stress
The study goes on to show five major benefits of forgiveness:
- Reduced stress
- Better heart health
- Stronger relationships
- Reduced pain
- Greater happiness
What is truly extraordinary about forgiveness is the profound transformation that happens to a person who awakens to their true nature, their True Self. We are liberated from the self-made prison of our beliefs, ideas, stories and unconscious programs, which makes forgiveness easy and natural.
Starting today, whenever you become aware of yourself not being able to move on and forgive a painful situation around anyone or anything, STOP IMMEDIATELY and use these steps:
Steps to Forgiveness
- Acknowledge there are ego mind programs at work in the situation. And not only someone else’s programs and perceptions, but yours. Take ownership.
- Activate the love that you are by focusing your attention on your heart center. Visualize white light filling your entire being. Breathe deeply. Use the Heart Consult by tapping on your sternum, put your tongue on the roof of your mouth, smile, think of someone you love and say Ha,Ha, Ha – Ha Ha Ha
- With unconditional love, feel the feelings you would feel if you knew the highest and best for all concerned is being realized.
- Forgive yourself and others for choosing ego mind programs.
- Peace is restored when forgiveness ends the ego mind’s dream of conflict.
- Forgiveness invites grace and, without its unconditional love, forgiveness is still only judgment.
To your brilliance, happiness and success,
Sandra and Daniel