For a delicious way to enjoy the many health benefits of beets, try this beet curry recipe. Fresh, home-cooked foods are highly recommended by ayurveda as a means of promoting health and longevity.
Beetroot is one of those super foods that can do wonders for your body by boosting immunity, lowering blood pressure, improving digestion, and providing a lot of essential minerals and vitamins.
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 teaspoons Maharishi Ayurveda Vata Churna
- ¼ teaspoon anise seeds
- ¼ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ¼ dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 small beets (12 oz.)
- 4 small carrots
- 1 large yam
- 2 cups water
- ⅓ cup yogurt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Peel and cut the vegetables into small cubes.
- In a large pot, heat the ghee and sauté Vata Churna and seeds for 30 seconds. Add vegetables, thyme, bay leaf and water. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes on low-medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaf, season with salt and pepper and stir in yogurt.