All of us, to one extent or another, make life plans. We all have a vision of where we want to be and how we want to live. For most of us, envisioning the life we want is the easy part. Making that life a reality is a different story.
Every goal involves a journey from Point A to Point B, and every journey consists of a series of steps that gets us there in the most direct way possible. So, when it comes to a really big goal, like living your best life, you have to be absolutely clear about the specific steps that you’re going to take.
You can’t afford to be hazy about the details or less than dedicated to forward momentum. If you don’t know what to do, or you don’t want to do what you need to do, your dream of a better life remains just that.
The solution is a daily affirmation of your goal and a daily commitment to consistency in moving forward towards that goal. Every morning, you have to ask yourself “What shall I do today?”, keeping in mind that it is the nature of life to bog you down in necessary details, but details nonetheless, that may have absolutely nothing to do with your goal.
These daily details – work, shopping, child care, commuting, etc. – can get in your way and distract your from your purpose. The bigger you to-do list is, the harder it can be to concentrate on the bigger picture. The solution lies in finding a happy medium between the realities of daily life and turning your vision into reality. And that’s where clarity comes in.
USE THE FOLLOWING STEPS AS A DAILY GUIDE TO HELP YOU DEVELOP INNER CLARITY
- Avoid chaotic and stressful situations. All they serve to do is derail your focus and draw you into their chaos.
- Calm and center yourself several times a day through a habit of conscious breathing. Doing so, lowers stress and reminds you of who you really are and why you’re really here.
- Unplug yourself at least once a week from all devices, social media and news cycles. We are drowning in information, much of it increasingly negative. Step away from what’s secondary and focus on what’s primary.
- Go out into Nature. We are natural beings. We are meant to be in forests, at the seashore and in the open. We are not meant to be tied to screens and cubicles and artificial lighting.
- Get as much sleep as you can. Sleep is restorative. Sleep is relaxing. Sleep is necessary to mental and physical health. A lack of sleep can lead to a lack of focus and clarity more than any other cause.
- Get as much exercise as you can. We were meant to move. When we move, we are using our bodies, and our minds, as they are supposed to be used. When you are sedentary, you mind and your body become clogged with sediment. Exercise flushes out the unnecessary, leaving you lighter and clearer.
“The more you relax into your experience, the faster your vibrational resonance will expand.”